Sunday, July 26, 2020

Inspiration for our times ~ devotion

     Today I went to church for the first time in 4 months. The congregation was small, no more than 30 people were there. All had come to pay their devotions to God, to partake of the sacred sacrament- to renew their covenants, and to sing praises to their Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
     I was moved to tears as I watched the tender and devoted way the young men prepared the emblems to be blessed. I was inspired by the music- "There Is a Green Hill Far Away" one of my favorites. I was grateful for our leaders in their preparations that I had taken for granted as we use to attend each week. 
     I hope you enjoy paying your devotions to the Lord in your homes. I intend to devote more time, more love and more of myself to the Lord.
   

Listen or watch Larry L. Thurgood "True Devotion"


Music:
Lord, Accept Our True Devotion (Arr. D. Zabriskie)- Brigham Young University Singers

Blessed Assurance - Fountainview Academy
 I Know Who Holds Tomorrow - The Petersens

Voices of Lee - What A Beautiful Name

How Great Thou Art - Как Ты велик - English & Russian - ELENYI, feat. Jarom Hansen


Words for you to ponder today-Devotion

No comments: